enjoyed riding in it and I was lucky enough to win fo

in Gedichte etc. 26.09.2019 08:23
von miaowang123 • 227 Beiträge

TAMPA, Fla. -- Sometimes Steven Stamkos does things that his Tampa Bay Lightning teammates cant help but marvel at. "Just about every shift," linemate Tyler Johnson said. That was clear in Game 1 against the Montreal Canadiens when Stamkos went end-to-end before settling the rolling puck on his stick and firing a perfect shot far side past Carey Price. And even though the Lightning lost the game, that highlight and his two-goal night showed why Stamkos is the X-factor that can tip the balance of the series, no matter how well or how poorly the Habs play. "Thats what we expect out of him," winger Alex Killorn said Thursday. "As long as he continues that, I think he gives us a good chance of winning." Even with starting goaltender Ben Bishop and rookie-of-the-year candidate Ondrej Palat out with upper-body injuries, and even with more than a dozen players making their Stanley Cup playoff debut, the Lightning know they can count on Stamkos. And thats after the 24-year-old Markham, Ont., native missed four months with a broken leg. Stamkos returned March 6 and had five goals in his first seven games. But Tampa Bay coach Jon Cooper said that the stats were deceiving. "Those first 10-15 games, he wasnt himself," Cooper said Wednesday. "He was just slowly getting himself back. I would say these last five, six games that hes played, hes been an impact player for us." The only other player in the series who has the potential to make as much of an impact is Habs defenceman P.K. Subban, who has known Stamkos since the two played together for the North York Canadiens as eight-year-olds. Subban and Stamkos won a city championship together, then gold in 2008 with Canadas world junior team. Since, their families have remained close friends while theyve built up some healthy animosity as competitors. "I love playing against him," Subban said. "I like making him frustrated, and Im sure hell like to score on me. But the history that we have of playing each other, its been back and forth. When Im on the ice, Im sure he knows Im out there, and I know hes out there." Subban liked getting Stamkos involved in pushing and shoving after the whistle in Game 1 because it meant he was starting to get to him. Beyond that, the Habs defenceman expressed nothing but respect and admiration for his childhood teammate. "That guy, as far as Im concerned, hes probably the best goal-scorer in the league," Subban said. "Good players like him they find ways to be invisible on the ice, and they appear when they have to appear. And players like Stamkos, (Sidney) Crosby and (John) Tavares, they have that ability to disappear and then youre looking over your shoulder and next thing you know the pucks between your legs and hes tapping it in backdoor." That was one of Stamkoss goals, when Killorn gave him a perfect pass on a two-on-one past a siding Andrei Markov. But it was his first of Game 1, a wicked shot that followed a breathtaking rush, that had everyone buzzing. More impressive than banking the puck off the boards to evade Brandon Prust or even the shot itself was how Stamkos managed to settle the puck down in a split second. Teammate J.T. Brown knows he could do the same, but only if he had 20 seconds. Subban didnt realize Stamkos found a way to get the puck down before firing the shot by Price. He simply appreciated how Stamkos finished things off with such subtle skill. "I think sometimes as a shooter, they recognize when to release it," Subban said. "Its not about how hard it is, its just about where you put it and how quick you get it off. He got it off pretty quick. I dont think he needed as much power behind it because he was skating so fast. He had so much momentum already." It was the games most memorable play on a night full of them. It shouldnt be shocking that Stamkos brought his best with the spotlight so bright, given how he beams about being back in the playoffs for the first time since 2011. "Its an unbelievable experience," Stamkos said Wednesday. "Its the most fun a lot of guys have had playing hockey. The intensity is at a whole new level." Elite players find a way to reach or exceed that level. With Bishop unlikely to play this series and Palat a game-time decision for Game 2 Friday night, Tampa Bay as a team has plenty to work on. Turnovers are an issue and so is defensive-zone play, but Stamkos is far from a problem. Instead, he represents the Lightnings best chance to do something special at any given moment. "I dont know what he can do more," Johnson said. "Hes fun to play with, fun to watch, and Im glad hes on our team and not playing against him." NHL Jerseys 2020 Store . Irving played 10 minutes Sunday night before going to the locker room. He had two points and four assists, missing all five of his shots. The All-Star game MVP is the top scorer among Eastern Conference point guards with 21. Buy NHL Jerseys 2020 . Patrick Kane and the Chicago Blackhawks were proof of that on Wednesday night. https://www.nhljerseys2020.com/ . The rookie is rewarding their faith with a stellar first season. MacKinnon had a goal and two assists, Jamie McGinn had two goals and an assist, and Colorado beat the Buffalo Sabres 7-1 on Saturday. NHL Jerseys China . The 27-year-old forward has informed the Leafs that he will be unable to play in Monday nights home game against the Columbus Blue Jackets. Adidas NHL Jerseys 2020 . Louis Blues, having added Ryan Miller and Steve Ott from Buffalo, remain the No.TORONTO – TSN today announced their broadcast team for the 155th running of the QUEENS PLATE on Sunday, July 6 at 4:30 p.m. ET, as the premier event in Canadian horse racing unfolds at Woodbine Racetrack in Toronto. This is the first time TSN has broadcast the QUEENS PLATE since 2007. Woodbine Entertainment Group will produce the show. TSNs Brian Williams hosts the first race of the Canadian Triple Crown series alongside analyst Jim Bannon. Legendary Canadian jockey Sandy Hawley reports from track level with CTVs THE SOCIAL co-host Melissa Grelo contributing coverage from the glamorous Hats & Horseshoes party. Long-time Woodbine track announcer Dan Loiselle calls the race for the 28th consecutive year. TSN subscribers can access live streaming and on demand coverage of TSNs slate of premier horse racing events via TSN GO. Broadcast TeamBrian Williams, Host• One of Canadas most beloved broadcasters, Williams has called hundreds of thoroughbred races. His numerous accolades include eight Gemini Awards, two Foster Hewitt Awards, and one Canadian Screen Award.• Williams on hosting: "Im thrilled to be back working with Jim Bannon – one of the best horse racing analysts in the business. For decades we teamed up to cover not only the QUEENS PLATE, but dozens of major races throughout North America. I remember Frank Stronachs Awesome Again winning the Classic and Ernie Samuels Dance Smartly winning the Breeders Cup Distaff – both were QUEENS PLATE winners." Jim Bannon, Analyst• Bannon is a Woodbine Entertainment Group television analyst, commentator, and handicapping expert. The 2010 Gemini Award winner as Canadas Outstanding Sports Analyst is in his 50th year with Woodbine Racetrack, and has worked alongside Williams on numerous QUEENS PLATE and BREEDERS CUP races in the past.• Bannon on the QUEENS PLATE: "It is a personal thrill to be once again partnering with Brian, whose enthusiasm for Canadian sports and horse racing in particular has been evident over many decades.dddddddddddd The full commitment by TSN of talent and resources in presenting these world class events is a win-win situation for all."Sandy Hawley, Trackside Analyst• A Hall of Fame jockey and four-time QUEENS PLATE winner, Sandy Hawley is widely regarded as one of the greatest race-riders in Canadian history. • On the QUEENS PLATE: "The Queens Plate is my favourite horse race of all time. I enjoyed riding in it and I was lucky enough to win four of them. Im looking forward to being part of the broadcast team on TSN."Melissa Grelo• A co-host of CTVs THE SOCIAL and longtime equine enthusiast, Grelo will be on-site to cover all the fashion and lifestyle happenings at the QUEENS PLATE.• On hosting Hats & Horseshoes: "The QUEENS PLATE is a unique event that has taken on a life of its own. Im excited to host a special broadcast that rivals the excitement on the track with fabulous fashion, food, and fun." Horse Racing on TSNCanadas Sports Leader broadcasts every race from the Canadian Triple Crown series: the QUEENS PLATE, PRINCE OF WALES STAKES, and BREEDERS STAKES, as part of a new multi-year deal with Woodbine Entertainment Group announced earlier this month. TSN is now the exclusive home of the biggest and most prestigious thoroughbred horse races in North America, as the network also delivers exclusive live coverage of the American Triple Crown: the KENTUCKY DERBY, PREAKNESS STAKES, and the BELMONT STAKES. Please visit TSN.ca for confirmed broadcast times for the following events:• PRINCE OF WALES STAKES – Tuesday, July 29 • BREEDERS STAKES – Sunday, Aug. 17 • RICOH WOODBINE MILE – Sunday, Sept. 14 • PATTISON CANADIAN INTERNATIONAL – Sunday, Oct. 19 ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: miaowang123
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 257 Themen und 262 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de