They knew the routes he was going to run.

in Gedichte etc. 29.09.2019 03:13
von miaowang123 • 227 Beiträge

ANAHEIM, Calif. -- About two hours after Yoenis Cespedes made a defensive play for the ages, Collin Cowgill decided not to watch while the Oakland left fielder chased after his long drive in the 14th inning. Cespedes couldnt do a thing about this one as Cowgill delivered another resilient win for the Los Angeles Angels. Cowgill hit a two-out homer, and the Angels outlasted the Oakland Athletics 2-1 on Tuesday night for their fifth consecutive victory. The Angels bounced back after Cespedes kept it tied in the eighth with a throw that will be a fixture on highlight reels for years, cutting down Howie Kendrick at the plate with a 300-foot heave on the fly from deep down the left-field line. After five ensuing scoreless innings, Cowgill abruptly connected against Jeff Francis (0-1), driving a two-strike pitch just over Cespedes head into the bullpens beyond left field. "I was just hoping it had enough on it to get it over his head," said Cowgill, who had three hits. "That guy has made some incredible plays on us the last couple of times." Josh Hamilton drove in Mike Trout in the sixth for the Angels, who trimmed Oaklands lead in the AL West to 2 1/2 games. The Angels could have ended it earlier, but Albert Pujols and Kendrick both were thrown out at the plate -- although it was tough to blame Kendrick after Cespedes made his mind-boggling throw in the eighth. "Hes capable of doing just about anything on the baseball field, and thats just another example," said Jed Lowrie, who drove in Oaklands only run. The Cuban left fielder bobbled Trouts double and chased it down before his soaring throw went straight to catcher Derek Norris to nip Kendrick, who had already rounded third when Cespedes released it. "When that ball rolled to the corner, I thought Howie was going to score standing up," Angels manager Mike Scioscia said. "He threw a guided missile that was right on the money." Cory Rasmus (2-0) pitched two hitless innings for Los Angeles maligned bullpen, which yielded one run in eight excellent innings even without closer Ernesto Frieri, who had pitched in four straight games. Nick Punto doubled and scored on Lowries sacrifice fly in the eighth for the AL-leading As, who have lost four of six. "Hey, what can you do?" manager Bob Melvin said. "They played as hard as they could, both teams did. After a while, everybody is trying to win it with one swing. Unfortunately, we werent at our best today offensively." Pitching and defence dominated the latest meeting of Californias division rivals. Neither starting pitcher allowed a runner into scoring position until the sixth. Hector Santiago struck out eight during six innings of three-hit ball in his first start in five weeks for the Angels. Drew Pomeranz pitched seven innings of four-hit ball for the As, allowing only an unearned run. The Angels got a terrific fill-in start from Santiago, recalled from Triple-A Salt Lake after Tyler Skaggs went on the disabled list. Santiago lost his spot in Los Angeles rotation May 7 after going 0-6, but the Angels off-season acquisition from the White Sox limited powerful Oakland to three singles and one walk. "I had clean mechanics and felt like everything was smooth," Santiago said. "Thats what I went down there to work on, and the results came out." Santiago faced no real trouble until the sixth, when he struck out Josh Donaldson to strand two runners. Pomeranz yielded just two singles before Trout drew a leadoff walk in the sixth. Pujols reached on a throwing error when Donaldson, who made three throwing errors from third base Monday, tried to start a double play. Hamiltons single scored Trout, but Pujols ran straight through third-base coach Gary DiSarcinas stop sign and was easily thrown out at the plate. Oakland tied it against reliever Mike Morin after Punto hit a leadoff double. After Cespedes kept it tied, the As put two more runners on in the ninth, but Joe Smith got John Jaso to ground out. NOTES: Angels rookie Cam Bedrosian pitched two extra innings of one-hit relief. He is the 22-year-old son of 1987 NL Cy Young Award winner Steve Bedrosian. ... Angels SS Erick Aybar swung and hit Norris in the back of the head with his follow-through in the fourth. Baltimores Manny Machado twice did the same thing to Norris last weekend, and the As were furious after Machado expressed no remorse when Norris had to leave the game. Aybar immediately checked on Norris, who was fine this time. ... Donaldsons three throwing errors Monday all went to first base. Adidas NMD Heren Sale . Head of clinic Josef Obrist tells the Austria Press Agency on Thursday that Morgenstern "is doing surprisingly well. ... He still has a memory gap but thats nothing unusual." Morgenstern has moved to a rehabilitation clinic in Klagenfurt for further recovery. Adidas Ultra Boost 19 Kopen . The Toronto Blue Jays star won his second consecutive Hank Aaron Award as the most outstanding offensive performer in the AL on Monday after votes by fans and a panel of Hall of Famers were tallied. http://www.nmdtekoop.com/y3-sneakers.html . Cammalleri scored two goals, Corban Knight netted the winner in a shootout, and the Flames erased a two-goal deficit in the third period to beat the Stars 4-3 on Friday night. Adidas Prophere Nederland . Chris Capuano. Shane Greene. And now, Esmil Rogers. Adidas Stan Smith Heren Sale .K. Subban and Matt Duchene will be the two skaters sitting out the teams opening game.MONTREAL -- Geroy Simon has come to Ben Cahoons home field to try to break the CFLs all-time pass receptions record. Five catches last week against B.C. left the Saskatchewan slotback tied with the retired Cahoon at 1,017 career receptions. There is little doubt the record will fall when the Roughriders (8-4) take on the Montreal Alouettes (4-8) on Sunday afternoon. Simon has caught at last one pass in 182 consecutive games. Watch the Roughriders vs. Alouettes live today on TSN and TSN Mobile TV at 1pm et/11am pt. "Its a great accomplishment," Simon said Saturday. "I consider Ben a friend and someone who has been very good in this league for a long time. "Hes one of the greats, and to have the opportunity to break his record in the stadium where he did so many great things is an honour. Itll be fitting to break it here." The record will be a sideshow in a game between two injury-riddled clubs that are both desperate to end three-game losing streaks. The Roughriders have not won since running back Kory Sheets was injured, while Montreal, missing both starter Anthony Calvillo and backup Tanner Marsh, will have Josh Neiswander making a second straight start at quarterback. His backups will be former Heisman Trophy winner Troy Smith, who only joined the team in August, and Canadian Kyle Graves, who had been trying to crack the lineup as a receiver. Simons chase of the record Cahoon set in 2010 has stirred debate on two of the CFLs all-time great receivers, who were very different in their style of play. Cahoon, now a 41-year-old receivers coach at his alma mater, Brigham Young University, was known for being small and slow but blessed with remarkable hands. Most of his catches were for seven or eight yards over the middle, where hed grab the ball out of a crowd of defenders and hang on while taking ferocious hits. The 38-year-old Simon is better know as a deep threat, although the Johnstown, Pa., native catches balls short and long. "Its unfair to compare us because we were two different types of receiver," said Simon. "He was more of a possession guy and I was a more dynamic player, in the sense that I feel I can do a little bit of everything. "I wasnt necessarily a down-field guy but I can catch the ball downfield. I wasnt a possession guy, but I can do that as well. I dont know if you could say I was a more complete player. I wanted to play a more complete gaame.dddddddddddd" The five-foot-nine Cahoon, considered a non-import because he spent part of his childhood in various southern Alberta towns, played 13 seasons, all with Montreal. He won three Grey Cups and was named the leagues top Canadian twice. He is sixth all-time in receiving yards with 13,301. On Oct. 11, 2010, he broke the previous record of 1,006 catches held by Terry Vaughn. Simon, in his 15th season, broke Milt Stegalls record for career receiving yards last season and has since stretched it to 16,188. He is also one 100-yard game short of former Calgary Stampeder Allen Pitts record of 64. Now he is on the brink of passing Cahoon. "Well throw him every pass all day until he gets it," Riders coach Corey Chamblin joked. "I was here when Ben got it, so that will be something unique to see. "Itll be wonderful for Geroy. Hes earned it." Simon will be overtaking one of the most popular players in Alouettes history. Veteran receiver Eric Deslauriers said Cahoons trademark was reliability. "He was a guy that caught probably six or seven balls a game," said Deslauriers. "Teams knew he was going to catch balls. They knew the routes he was going to run. They knew Anthony was going to throw him the ball in triple coverage. And he came up with the ball every time. "He was the type of guy that, you see him on the street and you think whats this guy, the kicker? But the reality is that he was a great leader and an awesome football player." Jim Popp, the Alouettes coach and general manager, said Cahoons success came from intelligence and excellent technique. "He had unbelievable hands," said Popp. "But the thing he didnt get enough credit for was that he knew how to come out of a break and separate himself. "Hed dip his shoulder low and he could always create separation between a defensive back and himself, no matter much bigger, stronger, or faster they were than him." Popp has also admired Simon, who broke into the CFL with Winnipeg but had his best years after moving to the B.C. Lions in 2001. He signed with Saskatchewan this season, where he has not been Darian Durants main target but has 28 catches for 401 yards and three touchdowns. "Hes always been a deep ball threat," said Popp. "He goes up and makes catches. "And I love his Superman pose. I just dont want him doing it in our stadium." ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: miaowang123
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 257 Themen und 262 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de