the numbers doesnt really put your bracket too far a

in Gedichte etc. 29.09.2019 03:14
von miaowang123 • 227 Beiträge

As Michel Therrien spoke with the assembled media on the fifth floor of Madison Square Garden on the night of May 29, his pain was unmistakable.Speaking softly after he stood behind the visitors bench and watched his fellow Montreal Canadiens end their season with a 1-0 loss in Game Six of the Eastern Conference Final to the New York Rangers, Therrien acknowledged the hurt of a dream deferred.Its really tough, Therrien said, talking about the entire season, because when you get close to achieving a goal it hurts, and it hurts more when youre close.In the same breath, though, Therrien expressed satisfaction with the first Canadiens team to advance to the conference final since 2009-10.But Ive got to look @ the season, and we made some progress this year, Therrien said. Im proud of this hockey team. We battled hard through the regular season and we battled hard in the playoffs.Montreal opens its season on the road Oct. 8 at Toronto and here are some things to keep in mind:IS THE PRICE RIGHT?: The Eastern Conference Final shifted dramatically 23:15 into Game One when New York Rangers left winger Chris Kreider collided with Canadiens goaltender Carey Price in a high speed, goalmouth collision. Price stayed on the ice for an additional 16:45 before exiting the series with a knee injury. In off-season interviews, Price told reporters he didnt begin skating until August.LEADERSHIP BY COMMITTEE: The question asked of the Canadiens once captain Brian Gionta and alternate captain Josh Georges left for Buffalo was who will fill the leadership void. General Manager Marc Bergevin and Therrien determined prior to the start of training camp the best course of action was to select a four player panel--defencemen Andrei Markov and P.K. Subban, forwards Tomas Plekanec and Max Pacioretty--to serve as alternate captains. Its a good decision for everybody, Markov said after the decision was announced. Now we can focus on hockey.Centre OF ATTENTION: One of the criticisms of the Canadiens is their size or lack thereof. In an attempt to address the issue, Bergevin told a reporter the Canadiens plan to start (Alex Galchenyuk) in training camp at centre. We want to see where hes at. We know sometimes its harder for a young player to (play) centre in the NHL, especially down low. But with two years under his belt, we want to evaluate where hes at in the centre position and then well make a decision.MALHOTRA IN THE MIDDLE: The Canadiens were a middle-of-the-pack team in 2013-14 in the faceoff circle, finishing 17th in the NHL with a 49.6 winning percentage in the dots. In an effort to remedy that flaw, Montreal signed Manny Malhotra to a one-year deal. Malhotra won 59.4 per cent of the faceoffs he took in 69 games with Carolina.PARENTEAU PRODUCTION: Despite the presence of Subban and Pacioretty, the Canadiens ranked in the bottom third of NHL teams in goals per game, finishing with a 2.55 goals per game average. Montreal traded for P.A. Parenteau in the off-season improve the offensive attack. Parenteau has recorded 205 points in 291 NHL games with Chicago, the Rangers, the New York Islanders and Colorado. Shoes China . Tensions rose in the first period when Penguins defenceman Brooks Orpik hit Bruins forward Loui Eriksson with what appeared to be a clean hit. Cyber Monday Shoes . Dillon Brooks scored 26 points on 9-17 shooting for Canada while pulling down six rebounds and picking up six steals. Teammate Chris Egi had 20 points, 14 rebounds and four blocks. https://www.fakeshoeswholesale.com/ .Y. -- That hangover from the Big East tournament is gone for Villanova. Fake Shoes For Sale . A top pitching prospect, one who the ball club is pinning some of its future hopes, takes the spot of a veteran who once was viewed as a future ace but who, to this point, hasnt realized his potential and may never. Cheap Shoes . This week, they discuss the NCAAs revenue sharing, Don Zimmer, soccer language and Super Bowl 50.Youve got a 13-hour day ahead of you. How much sleep do you get before a marathon broadcast like this? Sleep? What is this thing you speak of? [eyes slightly bugged out and twitching] In all honesty, Im a disciple of the James Duthie school of sleeping, which is to say... keep working until the red light goes off. I catch up on sleep when I can; naps are great... and I find my second year university macroeconomics textbook still works as a pretty effective tranquilizer. Whats the longest youve ever been on the air in one stretch? That would definitely be during my breaking news days on CP24 in Toronto. There was a massive rainstorm in Toronto on July 8, 2013. I still remember the date for some reason. I hit the anchor desk at noon that day. The storm started rather unexpectedly around 7 p.m. and wreaked havoc all night. I was on the air from 7 p.m. to 4 a.m. without a break, plus I had anchored three hours the previous afternoon. It felt like the storm lasted about two weeks. What do you eat before a broadcast like this? Do you carb up? If Im paired with an attractive female co-host, I generally try to avoid Taco Bell. For regular days, nothing that makes me too sleepy. Dan OToole turned me on to energy drinks before going on air, which can really make the broadcast go either way. For marathon days like March Madness, Ill attempt to carb up on day one for longevity and see how that goes. If it fails, Im resorting to the OToole method – apologies in advance. Do you have any special items you like to wear on air? Any lucky socks perhaps? Im a big fan of brightly coloured socks, but there isnt a single go-to pair. Ive been using the same man bag since I started my first on-air job in September 2007. With that, Im pretty superstitious. Ive been fortunate with the opportunities Ive been afforded, so I dont want to switch up the bag, even if it is getting a bit ratty. Ever worn jjeans and sneakers behind the desk? Not at TSN – yet.dddddddddddd Im still kinda new, Im not at the "Cory Woron" level of comfort just yet. I have actually worn shorts and flip flops behind the news desk at my last job. I used to walk to work in the summer, and if I didnt wear shorts, Id be a sweaty mess by the time Id get there. It was three parts survival, one part comfort. Whats the single most significant piece of info youve picked up from your March Madness research? That spending hours crunching the numbers doesnt really put your bracket too far ahead of the one that your neighbours dog "filled out." Which team is primed for a Cinderella run? Id like to see Stephen F. Austin make a run. Theyre a nice story. Their coach Brad Underwood paid his dues for 27 years looking for a Division 1 head coaching opportunity. It finally came this year, and hes got his team in the show. Theyre a loose bunch. No go-to scorer. They distribute the ball well, and have five players who can score in the low double digits. That, to me, seems like a team primed for an upset. Theyre #12 and taking on #5 VCU. 12 over 5 is the classic upset. I also wouldnt be surprised to see play-in winner NC State take down Saint Louis in the round of 64. And Im quietly cheering for New Mexico State; theyve got four Canadians on the roster, the most in the tourney. Who do you have in the Final Four? They seem to be changing by the hour. Right now? Louisville, Florida, Arizona, Michigan State. And a championship pick? Florida. Love that there are four seniors in the starting lineup – theyve dealt with this pressure before. Love that theyve built a program and arent a one-and-done school. Love that they dont have a superstar for other teams to key on and that they play a crawl-up-your-shirt defense. And it never hurts having the experience of Billy Donovan at the helm. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: miaowang123
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 257 Themen und 262 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de